- The duration of the match will be 2 – 20 minute halves. The referee will keep the time on the field.
- 6 V 6 (Goalie and 5 field players)
- The home team wears red and the away team wears white. All
players are encouraged to bring both colors to the games. The Home team
is responsible to bring the game ball. The Home team is on the north or
west sideline, the Away team is on the south or east sideline. Parents
should be on the sideline with their team and no one is allowed behind
the goal or goal line.
- Players should expect 50% play time.
- The playing field is 40 yds. X 60 yds. with goal boxes. The goal is 6 ft. by 12 ft.
- All free kicks are indirect. There are no penalty kicks.
- All throw-ins should be two handed. We do allow re-takes.
- Goal kicks may be taken from anywhere in the goal area. Players should be at least 5 yards from the “kicker".
- Corner kicks are as usual.
- Substitutions may occur on any dead ball.
- The 4 goal “Mercy Rule” is in effect that allows for a player to be added by the team which is behind by four goals.
- Although the referee records the scores, emphasis should be
placed on learning and playing for the love of the game. Encouraging
great play by both teams is very important.
- The referee will both “call” the game, and instruct the players
as an extension of the coaches who are not allowed on the field during
Click here for a printable version